As staying in becomes the new going out, Cancer Research UK is launching [email protected], a new fundraising initiative that gives people the chance to enjoy food with friends or family whilst raising money for life-saving research.
Throughout December, the charity is encouraging people across the UK to get together and host an evening of food and festive fun. Guests will be asked to make a donation of what they would normally spend on a meal out to Cancer Research UK.
[email protected] is designed to be accessible to everyone, from experienced party hosts to complete cooking novices. You can theme your evening, make it a simple affair with a pasta dish or go extravagant with a three course meal. On registering, Cancer Research UK will provide a [email protected] pack with all the ingredients to make the evening a success, including a fantastic selection of healthy recipes.
Jools Tait, Head of Special Events at Cancer Research UK, said: “[email protected] is a great way for people to enjoy a fun evening together while taking part in something that’s making a real difference to Cancer Research UK’s work to help prevent, treat and cure cancer.”
Nick Knowles, TV presenter, writer and director says “[email protected] is a fantastic initiative – you can enjoy great friends and good food whilst raising vital money for Cancer Research UK. My favourite dish to cook for friends is homemade pear, pine nut and pecorino ravioli in a light garlic sauce, which I discovered whilst travelling around Italy.”
Registrations can be made now. For more information or to register visit [email protected].
For media enquiries please contact Jessica Borton in the Cancer Research UK press office on 020 7061 8492 or, out-of-hours, the duty press officer on 07050 264 059.
Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK’s vision is to conquer cancer through world-class research.
- The charity works alone and in partnership with others to carry out research into the biology and causes of cancer, to develop effective treatments, improve the quality of life for cancer patients, reduce the number of people getting cancer and to provide authoritative information on cancer. Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading independent charity dedicated to research on the causes, treatment and prevention of cancer.
- for further information about Cancer Research UK’s work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 020 7009 8820 or visit our website.
Reduce the Risk
- Research suggests that around half of all cancers diagnosed in the UK could be prevented by changes to lifestyle
- Cancer Research UK’s new Reduce the Risk campaign highlights five important ways you can lower your cancer risks; Stop smoking, Stay in shape, Eat and drink healthily, Be SunSmart and Look after number one
- For further information click here