By commenting on this blog, you are agreeing to abide by our terms and conditions. A few of their key points are highlighted below:
- Please keep comments to the subject matter of the post on which you are commenting.
- Please don’t post anything inappropriate that may upset, harass or embarrass any other person (including the author of the post), or break any law
- Please don’t post any medical advice on this blog, or accept any medical advice from other users.
- You can complain about any comments that break the terms and conditions by emailing [email protected]. We will monitor this inbox constantly during office hours, and check it over the weekend. We will respond to or act on all complaints within 48 hours.
Although we will do our utmost to avoid this, Cancer Research UK reserves the right to edit, delete, move or otherwise alter comments posted by users. All comment threads will be closed six months after the original post.
TERMS & CONDITIONS – IN FULL
Your use of this blog
- Please restrict comments to relate to the subject matter of the post on which you are commenting. Comments that are irrelevant to the post are liable to be moved, edited or deleted.
- You must not impersonate anyone else, including, but not limited to, any Cancer Research UK employee, or falsely state or suggest that you have an affiliation with a person or association.
- Do not post personal information about others on this blog, and avoid posting information about yourself.
- Please check your facts. Inaccurate information is not helpful.
- Posting of confidential information is prohibited. If you think that your message may include confidential information then do not post it.
- Advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and requests for money are prohibited.
- You are responsible for the content of any messages that you post.
- You must not upload, post, transmit, or make available, any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, programs or files designed to destroy, interrupt, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- If you post a comment that contains certain words or phrases, or links to external websites, it may be held in moderation for review.
Respect for Others
- Comments must not contain any material that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, unlawful, threatening harassing or defamatory towards any person whether a user on this blog or not.
- Do not post any material which may be discriminatory or cause offence on the grounds of an individual’s sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or working status.
- You may not use this blog to post any material or links to any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening or otherwise in violation of the law.
- You must not post or link to any material that contains any information about any person under the age of 18.
- Please do not attack someone for having an opinion that differs from your own; if you disagree with someone, please express yourself respectfully.
- Remember that this is a public website and your comments may stay on-line for a long time. Try to make sure you cannot be misunderstood.
Copyright and Third Party Rights
- You own the copyright to the material you post but you agree to grant us perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive rights to publish your entry on any media.
- You agree that you will not use this blog to post any copyright material or intellectual property that is not your own without the express permission of the copyright or intellectual property holder.
- You may add links to internal or external sites within your post but you agree to remain responsible for any links you add. We reserve the right to remove any links we consider inappropriate.
Cancer Research UK requires you to enter a valid email address when you comment on the blog. This is first and foremost to contact you in the event of any problems or issues with your comment.
We also reserve the right to contact you regarding the subject matter of the post on which you have commented, but we will not add your address to any other Cancer Research UK mailing lists without your permission.
- Provided you stick to these common sense rules you may continue to access this blog.
- We reserve the right to remove any comment breaking these rules without prior contact with the author.
- If you are responsible for any breach of these terms and conditions it will not be an excuse to say that you did not read the terms and conditions.
- As a last resort we may issue a ban (either temporary or permanent) if it becomes evident that you are unwilling to keep to these terms and conditions. This will only occur if we feel it is necessary to protect others or the integrity of the blog.
Your promise to us
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Cancer Research UK from and against any claim, liability, cost , damage or loss we may incur (including, without limitation legal costs) as a result of any material you post on our blog or any violation by you of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
This blog is moderated by Cancer Research UK staff. If you wish to make a complaint regarding a comment or post (i.e that it is objectionable or in breach of these terms and conditions) then please contact us on [email protected] in the first instance. Cancer Research UK will monitor this inbox constantly during working hours, and intermittently over the weekend. Please to not attempt to resolve disagreements by posting comments on the blog.
If a formal complaint is made against you, we reserve the right to archive your comments until the complaint is resolved.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. If you are uncertain about anything in these Terms and Conditions, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at:News & Multimedia team, Press & Science Communication dept., Cancer Research UK, 2 Redman Place, Stratford, London E20 1JQ
This website is intended for people based within the United Kingdom. We cannot guarantee that the site or the contents of the site complies with requirements of, or is appropriate for use in, other countries.
We will try to ensure the Website’s availability, but shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable for any period.
Comments posted on this blog, by persons other than the post authors, are those of the individual and in no way represent the views of Cancer Research UK. We reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever in our sole discretion.