Cancer Research UK today announced the appointment of its first director of corporate partnerships. Paul Farthing will take on the newly created role with immediate effect.
Farthing has been with Cancer Research UK since October 2005 as director of legacy fundraising. He will combine his previous role with the new one, taking up the new title legacy fundraising and corporate partnerships director.
Paul Farthing said: “I am delighted to have been offered this opportunity. Corporate partnerships are a key priority for Cancer Research UK, and I am excited to be in the position to be able to really drive this forward.
“I also believe that my combined responsibility for legacies and corporate partnerships could open up some exciting new opportunities for the two areas to work more closely together.”
Before joining Cancer Research UK Farthing spent six years at Target Direct, a charity-specialist direct marketing agency, where he was made managing director. He has worked in marketing agencies for the last 12 years.
For media enquiries, please contact Laura Peters on 020 7061 8367 or, out-of-hours, the duty press officer on 07050 264 059.
Cancer Research UK
Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK’s vision is to beat cancer.
- Cancer Research UK carries out world-class research to improve understanding of the disease and find out how to prevent, diagnose and treat different kinds of cancer.
- Cancer Research UK ensures that its findings are used to improve the lives of all cancer patients.
- Cancer Research UK helps people to understand cancer, the progress that is being made and the choices each person can make.
- Cancer Research UK works in partnership with others to achieve the greatest impact in the global fight against cancer.
- For further information about Cancer Research UK or to find out how to support the charity, please call 020 7009 8820 or visit our website.