THIS SUMMER, Britain will be going celeb-wedding crazy when celebrity couple Coleen McLoughlin and Wayne Rooney tie the knot in what promises to be a high profile lavish wedding. But what do you buy for couples like these celebrities who really do have everything they need to start their lives together? Cancer Research UK’s Give in Celebration, the perfect alternative or addition to the traditional wedding gift list, might just be the answer.
With Give in Celebration, happy couples create their own special web page where family and friends can make donations to the charity in the bride and groom’s names to help beat cancer. Newly weds will be adding a unique element to their wedding celebration – whilst also preventing them from getting dozens of unwanted toasters and sets of bed linen! What better way to celebrate the day and help a good cause at the same time, than setting up a wedding gift list with Cancer Research UK’s Give in Celebration?
Creating an alternative list on Give in Celebration is quick and easy. Brides and grooms-to-be are able to set up their own personalised page by uploading photos, writing a personal message and using a selection of images and page colours to decorate it. Details of this are then sent on to guests who can donate online, by cheque or over the telephone as they wish.
The site provides those who have a page set up with regular updates on who has donated, and all donors will receive a ‘thank you’ from Cancer Research UK.
Poppy Ahern, senior online products manager at Cancer Research UK, said:
“These days many people getting married really struggle to find items to put on a traditional wedding list as they have everything they need for their home – celebrities are a perfect example of this! Give in Celebration is ideal for any celebrity wedding list and for those couples who want to use their big day as an opportunity to give money to charity or as an addition to their traditional list. You can kick start your life together in a meaningful way and help support Cancer Research UK’s life-saving work at the same time.”
To find out more visit Cancer Research UK’s Give in Celebration website Give in Celebration
For more information please contact Cancer Research UK’s press office on 020 7 061 8364 or the out-of-hours press officer on 07050 264 059
About Cancer Research UK
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK’s vision is to beat cancer.
- Cancer Research UK carries out world-class research to improve understanding of the disease and find out how to prevent, diagnose and treat different kinds of cancer.
- Cancer Research UK ensures that its findings are used to improve the lives of all cancer patients.
- Cancer Research UK helps people to understand cancer, the progress that is being made and the choices each person can make.
- Cancer Research UK works in partnership with others to achieve the greatest impact in the global fight against cancer.
- For further information about Cancer Research UK’s work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 020 7009 8820 or visit our homepage.