London football rivals Sol Campbell and Carlton Cole put on a united front yesterday (Tuesday 4th May) as they made an exclusive appearance together at Harrods to support the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK.
The Arsenal and West Ham players were celebrating the arrival of the ultimate gadget for football fans – a limited edition Bobby Moore gold-plated iPod Touch. Available now from Harrods, the exclusive gold edition is part of a range of Bobby Moore Fund iPods designed by Goldgenie – giving fans the chance to celebrate the 1966 hero’s legacy in style during this World Cup year and helping to raise vital funds for bowel cancer research.
In addition to the iPod range, Harrods customers also had the chance to buy one of just 66 Bobby Moore Fund USB sticks as a memento of the day.
Sporting specially created t-shirts with Bobby’s number 6 encrusted with Swarovski crystals, Campbell and Cole treated delighted customers to an exclusive signing event for anyone who purchased a Bobby Moore Fund product on the day.
Sol Campbell said: “It’s been great to support the launch of the Bobby Moore iPod at Harrods. It’s a stunning product that I’d be proud to show off, and the fact it’s supporting the Bobby Moore Fund makes it all the better. He was a real hero and is an inspiration to all of us, so just having the opportunity to do something in his name is real honour.”
Carlton Cole added: “Bobby Moore will always be remembered for what he did for the game, and every England player since then has aspired to follow in his footsteps. He’ll never be forgotten, but neither will the sad fact that he died too soon – and all because of bowel cancer.”
Sam Zaku, Business Manager – Sound & Vision at Harrods commented: “We are delighted to support this initiative which will help raise awareness of the Bobby Moore Fund and help save lives. We trust that our customers will support this inspirational charity by purchasing some of the limited edition Bobby Moore signature merchandise.”
The Bobby Moore gold plated iPod Touch is £359.99 for the 8GB, £459.99 for the 32GB and £599.99 for the 64GB. Each iPod is laser engraved with Bobby Moore’s signature and the Bobby Moore Fund logo, featuring the iconic image of England’s only World Cup winning captain lifting the trophy on the back.
Stephanie Moore MBE established the Bobby Moore Fund, in partnership with Cancer Research UK, in 1993. The Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK raises money for research into bowel cancer in memory of footballer Bobby Moore OBE who died of the disease at just 51 years of age.
– Ends –
For media enquiries, please contact the Cancer Research UK press office on 020 7061 8300
Bobby Moore gold-plated iPod Touch
- Available in 8GB (£359.99), 32GB (£459.99) and 64GB (£599.99)
- 66 of the limited edition Bobby Moore USB stick have been produced (£23.50)
- Designed by Laban Roomes
- This year Goldgenie will have donated at least £15,000 to the life saving work of the Bobby Moore Fund from the sales of the Bobby Moore iPods (via Cancer Research UK Trading, which gives it taxable profits to Cancer Research UK for its work in relation to bowel cancer. Registered charity no. 1089464).
- ‘Bobby Moore gold-plated iPod Touch 8GB’ is laser engraved with Bobby Moore’s signature and comes with earphones, USB 2.0 cable, dock adaptor and quick start guide
- ‘Bobby Moore gold-plated iPod Touch 32GB and 64GB’ are laser engraved with Bobby Moore’s signature and come with earphones with remote and mic, USB 2.0 cable, dock adaptor and quick start guide
- Mac requirements – Mac computer with USM 2.0 port, Mac OS X v10.2.11 or later, iTunes 9 or later
- PC requirements – PC with USB 2.0 port, Windows Vista XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later, iTunes 9 or later